Wizard damask WIP

I figured out anothdr reapercon entry! This one is gonna be darksword. I decided I wanted to do something  special on this big, beautiful cloak so I busted out my old Jessica Rich dvds and decided on damask! 

This is my first try. I did it on the back of a gravestone. Lol. Got the main idea figured out pretty well if I do say so myself. 

After about 40 minutes, I had this roughed out! There’s swirlies, there’s dots, I think we have a pattern, people! If/when I do this again, I think I’ll shrink my swirlies, but I’m pretty happy with it overall. 

Gave it a good wash with my basecoat to bring the highlights back into the fabric. Then I hit the areas of the swirlies  I would have highlighted with the same color as before. You can see it the most on that middle ridge in this picture. I just hit the high spots. 

Another round of a higher highlight (more spectral blue!) and a shadow of nightmare black where I would normally shade. 

I went ahead and did one more wash to knock it down a little, one more round of spot highlights (that also got knocked down), and I’m calling this done! I may actually go back and minimize a few of those dots and bring some of those highlights back up,  but I think he turned out great for my first attempt.

Let me know what you think! 

One thought on “Wizard damask WIP

Leave a Reply to Amy Stapay Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.