I figured out anothdr reapercon entry! This one is gonna be darksword. I decided I wanted to do something special on this big, beautiful cloak so I busted out my old Jessica Rich dvds and decided on damask!
This is my first try. I did it on the back of a gravestone. Lol. Got the main idea figured out pretty well if I do say so myself.
After about 40 minutes, I had this roughed out! There’s swirlies, there’s dots, I think we have a pattern, people! If/when I do this again, I think I’ll shrink my swirlies, but I’m pretty happy with it overall.
Gave it a good wash with my basecoat to bring the highlights back into the fabric. Then I hit the areas of the swirlies I would have highlighted with the same color as before. You can see it the most on that middle ridge in this picture. I just hit the high spots.
Another round of a higher highlight (more spectral blue!) and a shadow of nightmare black where I would normally shade.
I went ahead and did one more wash to knock it down a little, one more round of spot highlights (that also got knocked down), and I’m calling this done! I may actually go back and minimize a few of those dots and bring some of those highlights back up, but I think he turned out great for my first attempt.
Let me know what you think!
One thought on “Wizard damask WIP”
Looks fabulous! Keep up the great work!
LikeLiked by 1 person